Journal of Eta Maritime Science (JEMS) aims to encourage and publish research studies about the challenges and opportunities associated with numerous numbers of understandings in maritime sector. Besides, JEMS also aims to reach out to relevant audience by publishing the studies covering latest scientific and technological developments. JEMS journal which is published periodically and regularly may also publish special issues related to the selected topics.
Scope of the journal covers national, international and local studies regarding Marine Engineering, Marine Transportation Engineering, Naval Architecture Engineering, Marine Operations, Logistics, Logistics Engineering, Maritime History, Coastal Engineering, Marine Pollution and Environment, Fishing and Fisheries Technology, Shipbuilding and Ocean Engineering
JEMS is indexed in Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), Tubitak Ulakbim Science Database, Index Copernicus International, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
Galenos Publishing House
JEMS Article Submission Policy:
- Submission of an article implies that the manuscript described has not been published previously in any journals or as a conference paper with DOI number.
- Submitted articles should be original research papers about any marine related matter.
- It will not be published elsewhere in English, in Turkish or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
- Articles must be written in proper English.
- It is important for the submission file to be saved in the valid format of the template of word processor used.
- References of information must be indicated.
- Source files of figures, tables and text graphics should be inserted in the system separately during the application process.
- To avoid unnecessary errors, you are strongly advised to use the ‘spell-check’ and ‘grammar-check’ functions of your word processor.
- JEMS operates the article evaluation process with “double blind” peer review policy. This means that the reviewers of the paper will not get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) will not get to know the identity of the reviewer.
- Editor (s) will decide whether the submissions are eligible for publication, in accordance with the reviewers' reports.
- Authors are obliged to comply with the JEMS Submission Policy.
- JEMS will be published quarterly.
- JEMS does not charge any article submission or processing charges.
As part of its free access policy, JEMS which is a peer-reviewed journal, provides instant free access by adopting the principle that it will increase the global share of knowledge to introduce scientific research to public. In addition, the journal has been included “TUBITAK ULAKBIM Journal Park Project”
in order to improve its quality and international influence.
Plagiarism can take place in two forms:
- Author(s) deliberately copy someone else’s work and claim it as own work.
- Author(s) copy their own previously published material either in full or in part without providing appropriate references called as “self-plagiarism” or “duplicate publication”
Every manuscript submitted for publication to JEMS is checked for plagiarism after submission and before being sent to reviewer for evaluation.“iThenticate” is used to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscript.
- All advertisements depend on approval of the Publisher or Editor.
- Scientific content and decisions made by editorial board have not been affected by advertising.
- Advertisements are separate from the scientific content.
- Sales and marketing of the products within the accepted advertising are unfeasible.
- Editor or publisher of the journal is not responsible for advertisement and its content. This responsibility entirely belongs to owner of advertising.
- Accepted advertisement can be placed on any page approved by the editor or publisher.
- Advertising is done according to the contract between advertising company and journal management.
- Advertising content has not included any distinction of language, religion, race, gender, age, disability and etc.
- Advertising that contrary to society and publication ethics must not be published.
- Advertising that produced according to national rules and fulfilling their obligations such as license are accepted for publishing.
- Advertisements must be prepared in accordance with competition laws and other relevant regulations.
- Journal management shall not be liable for pecuniary loss due to errors of the advertising content.
Open Access and CC Licence
JEMS is an open access journal. The term open access gives the right of readers to read, download, distribute, copy, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles free of charge. JEMS also signed (http://www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org/list_signatures) Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI). According to BOAI (Budapest Open Access Initiative); By “open access” to peer-reviewed research literature, its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. The author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free access to articles. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. JEMS apply the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International Licence (CC BY-NC 4.0) to all manuscripts to be published.